After NTV’s expose on revealing that majority of men of the cloth are fleecing unsuspecting Kenyans with fake miracles in exchange for money, thorough investigation to unearth the truth.
Top ten fake pastors who have been misleading their sheep for their personal gain as prophet Isaiah narrated in Isaiah 56: 10- 12.
“10 His watchmen are blind, they are all without knowledge; they are all dogs without tongues, unable to make a sound; stretched out dreaming, loving sleep.
11 Yes, the dogs are forever looking for food; while these, the keepers of the sheep, are without wisdom: they have all gone after their pleasure, every one looking for profit; they are all the same.
12 come, they say, I will get wine, and we will take strong drink in full measure; and tomorrow will be like today, full of pleasure”
elow is a list of the top 10 ROGUE pastors who have been extorting money from their followers in year 2013.
1. Pastor NG’ANG’A - Even last year, Pastor James Ng’ang’a of Neno Evangelism topped the list of the rogue pastors in Kenya. Last year, he married a school girl to be his second wife after her first wife died out of mistreatment. He usually performs miracles at a price ranging from Sh 3000 to Sh50, 000. The randy pastor drives top of range cars courtesy of his gullible followers and he is a regular visitor of “the red light” district in Nairobi.
2.Pastor MICHAEL NJOROGE: Even after being exposed as one of the pastors who visit brothels last year by a lady known as "Mwende,” Njoroge stills command a huge following where he charges between Sh 2,000-20,000 for a miracle. He is also known as “Pastor Tapeli of Fire Ministries”
3. Pastor KANYARI - He is a son of former prophetess Lucy Nduta who lied to the public that he heals HIV /AIDS in 2005. Kanyari has been in the headlines recently over fake miracles in exchange of money. His church is situated along River Road.
4. Pastor MURIITHI: Pastor Muriithi of House of Grace church also makes to the list of extortionists. His church usually attracts the middle class who spend Saturday night in a bar and the following day are devoted Christians. He also charges for miracles.
5. MAINA NJENGA: Maina Njenga is the founder of Hope International Ministries Church in Garden Estate. The former Mungiki leader and CORD coalition sympathiser commands a huge following where he charges them a fee for performing fake miracles.
6. Bishop MARGARET WANJIRU: She is the founder of Jesus is Alive Ministry, the immediate former Starehe MP and a fiery ODM member. She performs miracles at a price. She lives large courtesy of her lost sheep.
7. PASTOR WAHOME: He is the founder of Helicopter Ministries Church which is located along Temple Road near Bus Station, Nairobi. He is a fake pastor with a strong affinity for college girls and married women. He also performs fake miracles at a price.
7. PIUS MUIRU. He is the founder Maximum Miracle Centre, (At Roasters Thika Road and at Odeon Cinema). A polygamous man with many multiple lovers. He is also known to have appetite for small girls from his church choir. He also performs miracles at a price.
9. Pastor ALAN KIUNA: Pastor Allan Kiuna with his wife Mrs Kiuna of Jubilee Christian Centre (JCC) also appear in the list. It is alleged that the Kiunas have turned the house of worship to a public air market where all sorts of business raging from prostitution, beauty pageants to pyramids schemes at their behest. They also perform miracles at a price.
10. Pastor ARTHUR GITONGA. He is the founder of Redeemed Gospel Churches. Known for his lavish lifestyle, he is also accused of grabbing a piece of land where his Huruma Church is located. He charges miracles an amount ranging from Sh200-20, 000.